Wednesday, May 11, 2011

i've got a question....

Can you do me a favor and tell me what day it is? These last few days have been busy to say the least, but surprisingly and thankfully, have gone off without a hitch. phew-

We've successfully managed to pack and move our belongings 5 states away via a U-haul and into a 10x20 storage unit. Just FYI, our moving truck got a hefty 9 miles to the gallon. It ain't yo' average Prius.... ugh- I had initially convinced myself that we could stash our junk into a 10x15 unit, but luckily they didn't have any available and was relieved to have the extra space when we started unloading. If you plan on keeping your junk in storage for over 3 months (ours will be roughly 7 months while we build our house) generally you can negotiate a price. $130 a month for the bigger unit makes me happy. It breaks my heart to think of all this flooding occurring right now- and makes me thankful we crossed the Mississippi River when we did and locked in a storage unit in advance... mixed emotions no doubt.


Boxes unloaded, new lock purchased, and to top it off- lunch w/ the moving crew (aka my parents) inside the unit on our dinning room table!

We're taking it slow today and might go get our LA driver's licenses. More on living arrangements and the transition to come.

And if my parents don't already deserve the parents of a lifetime award, my mom has been leaving one extra cup of coffee in the pot for whichever spouse wakes up first. I've been victorious both days- but I did have to bribe Tim w/ the cup to wake yesterday knowing that the storage unit was waiting to be filled. Tim broke out our trusty Aeropress this morning- bout dang time!

Nostalgia hitting hard today- change... change... change....

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! Welcome to town!! Love you guys, Maryann :) See you soon!

    ReplyDelete