Saturday, May 21, 2011

decisions galore

House planning/building is moving right along. I know there will be hiccups along the way, but might as well make hay while the sun is shinning- right? Here's what's been occupying our days as of lately-

Going to open houses and current construction with our contractor to get ideas of what we like, what we didn't know we liked, and what we never want to see in our home. There will be a lot of decisions to make and we want to be prepared. Limit the number of rash decision so to speak. Revising house plans and layout is also top priority these days. That includes random texts to our contractor, lots of google searches, and dreaming of walking through our home when I close my eyes at night. And the majority of my tv watching consists of This Old House, Design on a Dime, DIY shows, and Chicago Code- boy I love that show!

I think these details haven't found the proper place in an update yet, so I'm grouping them all together...

Did you know we are crashing with my parents while our home comes together? They have a 24 ft travel trailer for us to escape to if times become "strained" so to speak. Gives us time to steadily sock away some dough and get a few good meals in our belly. And because some are curious about the land- my family is all around remarkable and have provided us with some acreage to build on. I am grateful- I tell them that everyday.

Tim got a job and that is something to praise the Lord for-

We haven't let home building and jobs completely take over our lives. We bought ROAD BIKES! I actually do yell that when I tell people. I aiming for a 30 mile ride in the future but we'll gradually prepare for that.

The word home trumps house for me- I'm going to start using it more frequently in the blog world... just prepare yourself.

Any advice on home building? I'd love to hear it...

No comments:

Post a Comment